Most primary and middle school students will “continue to study online at home” from Monday, city government spokesperson Xu Hejian said at a press briefing on Saturday.
The announcement partly walked back a previous decision to send younger pupils back to school in phases, starting next week.
About 115 cases have been linked to the bar cluster so far, municipal health official Liu Xiaofeng said at the briefing.
The new outbreak was “at a rapidly developing stage … and at a relatively high risk of spreading”, Liu said.
China recorded 138 domestic infections on Saturday, including 61 in Beijing and 16 in Shanghai, according to the National Health Commission.